Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Another trip completed

What a long trip I've had. Left mackay and travelled to Rockhampton right through Queensland finshing in Brisbane doing booksignings at the bookstores. Some days were fanastic and others were tedious and disappointing. When you self publish a book you have to work extremely hard and sometimes the bookstores help you and others do buggar all. Even sending press releases to local papers can be disappointing with no replies. After about 40 press releases, I was fortunate to have 2 of them print a story. 6 weeks of travelling can get quite lonely and ooooh when I got home to my own bed and my own pillow I felt like I was wallowing in luxury!!!.

After my last signing I just bawled my eyes out and wondered what on earth more could I do to get "Sooo Over Shakes" out to the public. The people that are using my cookbook have given me phenomenal feedback and I am so passionate about it and to hear they are enjoying the food and losing weight and keeping it off lifts my spirits and keeps me going.

After arriving home I emailed some magazines and all the TV networks. I thought to myself, "Well, I've done everything I can now. There's nothing more I can do. So what will be, will be" The very next day I received a call from A Current Affair from channel 9. They loved "Sooo Over Shakes" and we have just finished filming a segment which will go to air in the very near future. How awesome is that??? I don't think my feet have hit the ground since and we are all very excited and waiting with anticipation for the story to hit Australia wide. Sometimes you may have your back to the wall but you've just got to keep going and if you believe in something with passion, don't give up too soon.

Until next time. Live well and keep at 'em!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment